Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Backyard Bougainvillea, 12x12 Oil on canvas panel

One of the most colorful shrubs in the southwest is the bougainvillea.  They are seen in shades of light pink to deep purple, and I've even seen orange ones.  I see this bougainvillea when I ride my bike around the neighborhood; and I took a photo when it was in full bloom last spring.  When I finished this painting today, it slipped off my easel and I grabbed it -- somewhere on the right side of the bougainvillea is my thumb print.  I couldn't find it, but maybe you can -- let me know if you do. 



This painting can be purchased for $75.00 unframed, with shipping included.






2 comments:

Angela said...

What a beautiful painting! The purple is so delicate and dreamy. Love it! :)

Michele said...

I like this and I recognized your style immediately. You are right about he beauty of the flowers in AZ.