Saturday, March 19, 2011

Becky Joy Sunset for Oil Painters of America 2011

The Road Leading West 18x24

I got the news that this painting was accepted into the Oil Painters of America 2011 which will be held at the Devin Galleries in Coeur D'Alene, ID in June. Very exciting news. This is the second year in a row for me for this show. I really would like to get three years at the nationals so that I can get that coveted signature membership. One to go!

This was one of those paintings mostly from my imagination. I did have a photo of a road that angled up on the hill like the one going toward the sun. That is what sparked my imagination and went on from there.

I went to the Celebration of Fine Art today to visit with artist friends. (I did the show for about 10 years) It was great seeing everyone and catching up. And of course, there is a LOT of beautiful artwork to see. If you are ever in Scottsdale at this time of year, you should see the show.

I have openings in my workshops coming up. To check them out go to http://beckyjoy.com/workshops

Becky Joy

No comments: