Sunday, July 10, 2011

ZION desert oil landscape painting by BECKY JOY

"Lifeline" oil 16x20 

Hi everyone,
I'm still working on photographing all my paintings from Zion. This is painted from one of the plein air paintings outside of Zion. We drove over to a little ghost town and saw the water meandering through the field and wash. I loved the shape of the ribbon of water. That is what originally drew me to the scene. I needed to recompose the original painting. I felt that the plants weren't in the right place and a background tree I had almost in the middle of the upper field. Anyway, after two or three days of off and on painting, I finally finished the painting. About time!
I just got some news in the last two days. I will be participating in the plein air festival in Oregon along the Columbia Gorge. As many of you know, I am from Oregon, born and raised there. It wasn't until I was about 45 that I moved away. I've always wanted to paint along the gorge, so I thought I would plan my trip to visit family with the show. My family lives a little south of Portland, but I have a couple of friends along the gorge that I will have the opportunity to get together with. I'm really looking forward to the visit and to meet new painter friends up there.
I've been filling out apps lately and finishing some works for shows. The dreaded apps, hate taking the time out for them. Yuck!
I'll talk to you all later. Hope your weekend was a good one.

BECKY JOY
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com/blog

No comments: