Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Flowers Sunflower oil painting by BECKY JOY

Sunflowers and Pomegranates 24x18" oil on canvas

Hi everyone,
Some of you may not even know that I paint still lifes. It has been way too long since I have. I used to paint them fairly often, especially sunflowers. So, I figured that it was time to do so. This is one that I actually had started, but never finished. Luckily I had the pomegranates painted since they aren't in season right now. I had been wanting to paint sunflowers, so I finished these flowers and tablecloth and added a few bold strokes to the painting. I will probably paint some more in the next few weeks. I'm trying to get a few larger pieces done. Although, not as large as I used to paint.
Before the economic downturn (or whatever you want to call this), I painted large and I mean large. Common sizes for me to paint were 36x48, 40x60, and 48x60. I've even painted as large as 7'x11'. So the small ones, 6x6" were a struggle when I first started painting them, but I now love painting them. Always something new on the easel.
Check it out.
Becky Joy
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com

No comments: