Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Northwest Plein Air, Hood River by BECKY JOY

Morning on the Columbia oil 6x6"
This is one of the first paintings that I painted while at the Northwest Plein Air in Hood River. I was on the Washington side of the river looking toward the morning sun in the east. I liked the slight bit of warmth in the clouds contrasting with all the cool colors of the distant mountains and water. A very subtle painting with variations in the grays. As with all my small paintings the shipping is free in the US and the painting comes with a small black wrought iron display easel.
I spent quite a bit of time on the computer today just catching up after being gone for two weeks. My access on the phone was limited, but it was very useful. I like using my new smart phone. Tomorrow, more catching up and maybe a little painting.
BECKY JOY

No comments: