Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Violin and Tanager painting "Diva" by Barbara Rudolph


"Diva"

This new oil painting is of a "violin" dated from the 20th century with a "western tanager".   I decided to name it "Diva."  Yes, I know what you are thinking... a "Diva" is a celebrated glamorous "female" singer, a star, divine, and a goddess...but this is a painting of a "male" tanager.  Well..... being in the art world, you will have to trust me when I say that I have seen many "queens" & "princesses" of the opposite sex too, so I decided to go with the title "Diva" anyway because I think it fits.  

This oil painting, "Diva" is 16 x 8" and will be for sale at "Jane Hamilton Fine Art" gallery, in Tucson, Arizona.  The show reception will be held on November 11th.  If you would like more information about this oil painting or the show, please get in touch with me or the gallery.

  Your comments are welcome too, just click on the comment link.


Barbara Rudolph
my website
my blog
email
Jane Hamilton Fine Art Gallery

No comments: