Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Edge of Night" by Li H Mahalik

Oil on canvas, 40"x40"

This painting was done pretty spontaneously with a few colors premixed for pouring and brushes for more saturation. 
*****
Two days before Thanksgiving, I had a chance to give a collage workshop to 26 first graders at the Kiva Elementary School here in Scottsdale. The children were bubbly, energetic, polite and curious. It was such a great joy working with them. They were already very informed about art, taught by their fabulous teacher, Mrs. U. My emphasis in this workshop was to let go, share with your neighbors and have fun playing with the found objects to create something on the canvas board which I prepared for them, and, finally, choose a view (cropping). They came up with amazing works. Their artwork will be shown this weekend together with our Studio Art Show posted on my blog. You're welcome to come and enjoy the art show.
***
Please email me if you would like, or visit my website to see more paintings.

No comments: