Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunset oil painting, City Lights at Dusk by Becky Joy

© 2013 Becky Joy    Dusk Lights    oil on canvas panel     6 x 6 inches

Today I painted a couple of small paintings. I went from 4 x 4 foot to 6 x 6 inches, quite a difference, a whole different feeling. The large canvas has a real physical feeling to it, the whole body getting involved. It always feels more involved to me. The small canvases I feel a little more relaxed and laid back when I paint. I felt a little tired today and didn't feel like tackling the big canvas. I set it aside and painted small.

This small painting has the lights of the houses at the base of the mountain with the last of the sunset. I'm hoping to get a few more small sunset paintings finished in the next couple of days as the Celebration winds down in this last week. For the last week I have been cleaning the studio to get it ready for my easel and paint supplies coming home from the show. I've also been bringing home a few suppllies that I won't need this week, slowly dismantling before the very end and the mad rush to get home.

Check back for more small sunset oil paintings.
Becky Joy

No comments: