Friday, June 14, 2013

Project 125 Day #1 Yosemite Valley

yosemite valley #1
Yosemite Valley, Morning #1   $125. Click here to purchase
I drove straight through from Phoenix to Yosemite. I'm here camping with my daughter and grandkids and friends. They all left Wednesday afternoon about 5 pm which made it an early morning arrival. No thanks! (they're younger). I waited and got a night's sleep. I arrived last night, ate, slept and went out painting this morning. Now, it's break time with the family, after the computer. The weather is perfect California weather. I'm hoping to get out this evening for another painting with that golden light on half dome. Choices, choices, so much to paint here. This was painted from one of the meadows in the valley. The grass is a beautiful green now, or maybe it's just green coming from Arizona! I set up on a boardwalk close to the river. By the time I was finishing, the tourists were coming out. A couple from San Luis Obispo stopped and talked for a while and a couple from Germany. I really wanted to get a view of the rocks with that golden morning light, beautiful streaming down the rocks. Hopefully, I can get out at dusk and paint the warm evening light on the rocks. After finishing my painting, I packed up and headed to the lodge for some computer time. First day, I made it on the computer, that's good. I'm hoping that I don't run into some glitches with posting at some point. But with camping anything can happen. No bears yet! If you think a friend would be interested in this series, pass it on. BTW, I still have openings in my Fredericksburg, TX workshop Oct 26-17 Talk to you all tomorrow.

No comments: