Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 29 & 30 Sunset oil paintings. Project 125 BECKY JOY

© 2013 Becky Joy    Day 29, End of the Day     oil on panel   6 inches x 6 inches  $125.

© 2013 Becky Joy    Day 30 Sunset Stroll    oil    6 inches x 6 inches    $125.

Hi everyone, 
I told you that I had another painting done that I hadn't photographed. I pulled it out this afternoon. Day 29, End of the Day was actually painted in Shanna Kunz' studio in Utah before I came home. Today I painted #30, Sunset Stroll. Both are 6"x6" and $125. each. They are both paintings that I was playing with color. I like to put together some combinations of paint that artists don't readily combine, dioxazene purple and bright green, d, purple and lemon yellow, d. purple and cad orange and of course, scooping up all the paint for grays. Experiment, try new combinations.

I'll be painting more studio paintings in the next couple of weeks until I take off for Colorado or maybe a day here and there where I might brave the AZ heat. Or, maybe not. Meantime, back in the studio for some studio work and to supply the galleries. Today's finished painting is below, 16"x20"

mountain-sunset
© 2013 Becky Joy    Mountain Sunset    oil   16 inches x 20 inches

workshops

Tuscany June 7 - 14, 2014 sign up before fall to get 2013 rates Korkula, Croatia  Sept, 2014 New E-

This book is packed with information for artists of all levels and can be used in any medium.

     →       ←

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Becky Joy

No comments: