Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 36, Project 125 Old Red Shack Painting Revisited, BECKY JOY

 
© 2013   Becky Joy      Day 36, Old Red Shack   oil     6 inches x 6 inches    $125.

Today I painted from an old painting from about two years ago. It is amazing how much my painting has changed in that time. But, I am still on that quest of loosening up a bit. I've always like to look of abstract and realism together. I'm looking to get some of that in my paintings. With this painting, I painted in all the forms, then deconstructed it with my brush. I then went back into it with some strong brushwork. That is what I'm after, it just need some refining and more painting time to get it where I want.

As soon as I'm done here, I'll be gathering my paints together and a larger canvas to take to the Royal Palms Resort tonight. I will be doing a demo this time on a larger canvas. I want to work on some of my thoughts with this painting and my last one. I'll take some photos of it and show you tomorrow the results.

Becky Joy



1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I Really get what you are saying...
It's a great painting!
Abstract looks great with realism!
Please look at my blog:
www.suemarrazzo.blogspot.com
Thanks!