Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Sky Dreamer, 14x11 watercolor painting by Stevie Denny

Sky Dreamer
14x11 Watercolor on 140 lb. Fabriano hot press paper

I painted this portrait of my husband as a gift for him.  Bob has volunteered with the  Maricopa County Sheriff's Posse for the past 13 years.  While he has served in several different positions, last year he was thrilled to have been given the opportunity to serve in the Aviation Division as a Technical Flight Officer (second in command).  A lifelong aviator from a family of aviators, Bob earned his helicopter certification last year, realizing the dream of a lifetime.  One of his co-workers had taken this photo of him in the helicopter, and when I saw the subject matter, I knew I had to paint it.  It is the most difficult and complicated painting I've ever done.

No comments: