Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Morning Light In Zion

"Morning Light In Zion"
Oil,  12" X 16"  $575

Several months ago I visited Zion National Park and was struck by this scene - actually mezmerised by the beauty.  The wind was blowing at 20-30 mph and the temperature was about 40.  Who knows what the wind chill factor was, but I knew it was way too cold to stand there and paint.  I sat in my car and did a pencil sketch and took many photos.  I kept hoping it would warm up.  I drove around hoping the wind would die down.  Finally, I had to leave.  This scene captures the immense beauty of Zion.  The actually spot is the Kolob Canyons area.

To see more of my artwork please visit my website at www.BruceStam.com or email me at Bruce@BruceStam.com

Thanks for viewing my artwork,  Bruce

No comments: